Deadline August 4, 2017 | 5:00 pm
The Venturing Officers Association is run by four youth officers. The officers take the lead in driving the council Venturing program and make it a great experience for both the youth and adults. The officers plan the council events (e.g., Venturing Challenge) and plan and run the Venturing Forums. The officers are elected each year at the Venturing Banquet before dinner.
If you are interested in running for an office, or if you would like to nominate someone to run for an office, complete the nomination form.
Requirements (from the council Venturing By-Laws)
Any registered youth member of any crew/ship in the council shall be eligible to run for any office of the association, so long as the following conditions are met:
- Not reached the age of 20 years at the time of the election.
- No individual may hold more than one district or council office.
- Any candidate, who runs and is elected to a second office, must resign from the first office within 30 days.
- Must reside within the geographical boundaries of SHAC during their entire term of office, including time at post-high school educational institutions, but excluding time spent at any long-term Scouting program (e.g., summer camp, Sea Base, Northern Tier, Philmont, Bechtel Summit)
- Must have approval from registered Crew Advisor or Skipper.
- Must be a registered Venturer in the SHAC Venturing program for a minimum of six (6) months prior to the election.
- Must agree to attend a council Venturing Cabinet Seminar within two (2) months after the election.
- Term limits:
- Three years total (consecutive or non-consecutive).
- Cannot hold the same office more than twice within the three-year limit.
A photo must be submitted with the nomination. The earlier nominations are submitted, the longer the nominations will be posted on the council's Venturing website and social media page prior to the election.